Friday, April 23, 2010

The Art Nichols Program

by Tilly Nichols

OK, here's my program....I um slept and looked for my unglued crown I apparently swallowed during the night, convinced my boyfriend of 7 months that he could sleep without one load of meth to slam, "to relax him to sleep".....um yeah....we needed meth to sleep 30 days ago....and a good half gram if you wanted us to be able to get out of bed....god, we were gross....legends but gross.....reached a celebrity status drug use....and then there it was...I hit that point here ya see? I just felt it take over me....I was sick and tired...goofed up with the lie...the lies the drugs told me, the lies I told myself, the lies I spewed to anyone nearby, the lies they spewed back at me...the sickness, the poison all came to9 light ....yeah while coming to terms with having swallowed my crown....I was scared, sad, angry, hopeful, awestruck, tired, hyper, breathless, and any possible combination of emotions for the following few weeks. So that's how I became the 1st follower of the ART NICHOLS program....but thank god art forgot to tell me there were rules...I'm a rebel ya know, and rules ain't my thing right? Who knows...see I don't know what my thing is these days....I'm like a child....just learning to feel, and plan and dream and cry.....like I was asleep for 5 years and just woke up ....catching up with all that passed when i was asleep....but I was awake....too awake....in fact I never slept....see how backwards that shit is.....wow.....but see the face of sober me in this picture? That's one of the rewards of my sobriety, cuz you know how I wrote yesterday about not having pictures of me back then? I was sucked in, and bony faced and wrinkled and pale....my hair and nails brittle and breaking....yuck....now look...and the whole 30 days here on the art Nichols program...I never knew there was rules principles and foundations....for me3 the art Nichols program was
1. I want to be well
2. My kids need me and my ex is winning when Im using.
3. HOLD ON TO ARTS ARM AND WATCH THE WORLD SPIN BY
4. Breath
5.Dream

then came the farm.....see I don't even remember thinking up the farm....I remember weeding, to make mom happy...then getting even muddier....we were asking for yard chores and in a moment of "GET THESE HYPER SOBER FREAKS OUTTA MY FLOWERS mom took us to the nursery for some plants of our own....a few succulents, some nasturtiums and pumpkin seeds....then Art gave me a few tractor rides and they reminded me of pumpkin patch hayrides behind tractors in hay fields by the pumpkin patch when I was small.....then I hit a soft spot in the art Nichols program...a dream I guess he already done dreamed.....I did remember him telling me that before...along with a plan for a t4Ree farm he and him mom had discussed years back...and then whiz pop whirl, 30 days of delusions or as I prefer to call them ....affirmations of grandeur.....haha...and we thoguht up the RANCHO BE DAMNED FARM STOP<>
we have become plant obsessed, fallen in love with a newborn owl, and buried it, gone back to church with a vigor, and earned moms trust and satisfaction....we've grown closer, gained weight and shown ourselves...this program of ours is a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment