Tuesday, June 1, 2010

So Happy

By Tilly Nichols
My last post wasn't my most positive one. I need to catch up although the farm is calling me. The days are getting hot, and everything needs work...its a race to keep it all alive. I couldn't imagine taking a vacation now. Even though its all been so much to do Art and I took some of our hard earned money (yes weve been blessed enough to make some) and we went to San Diego. We had a blast walking through Logan, Eating Tamales, cruising seaport village, wandering the midway and all the military memorials, looking at the modern art along the waterfront, watching the planes land at Lindbergh field, happy hour at Fat City Steakhouse, a walk through little Italy and lastly dinner and beers in the Gas-lamp. All this on the bus and trolley. I have never been so tired in my life, but what a blast I had. We do manage to get off the farm now and then, even if its only to the little lake to feed the ducks (at Art's insistence) Things have never been this right for me. I love Art, I love pour farm, our kitties, Mom and Johnnie, goin to church and dreaming. Even the pastor has said thats enough right now. Any demons I have to slay and ultimate battles between good and evil we intend to fight, can wait. Why spoil the times that I am learning just what a perfect peace I am fighting for.



No comments:

Post a Comment